Our SEO Services
One of the misunderstandings that clients often have is that “you can fix my site, do some SEO and I’ll be #1 in Google”.
Unfortunately, a big “no” – unless you only have one competitor and their site is lousy.
Even then, the answer can only be “probably”, because as has been said at other times in this site, there are so many other factors that Search Engines take into consideration, that we presently have no way of monitoring and predicting. We don’t have a crystal ball – the SEO Services that we provide will certainly improve your site but no-one can guarantee Search Engine success.
The Usual Phases Of SEO
Instead, we’d encourage to look at conceptualizing your investment in SEO as having 3, or perhaps 4 distinct phases:
Phase 1 – Either creating an entirely new site or renovating an existing site. The latter would probably involve rewriting your site’s pages so that Search Engine users could have a greater possibility of finding them. It might also involve reworking the architecture of your site, if its original design was poor or sprucing up its look in any number of ways
Phase 2 -Paying Attention To All The Red Tape – Having a site is one thing but your online presence is increasingly reliant upon your connections from other online sites and services e.g.:
- claiming your Google My Business listing (to prove to Google that you have a functioning business) and optimizing it (by adding photos, videos & testimonials & getting some Google-user reviews)
- building a few Citations for your business (links that position your site within your local area, e.g. proof of your membership of your local Chamber of Commerce)
- perhaps claiming your listing in a few Review sites and optimizing them (as per Google My Business) &
- maybe attempting some some very basic Link Building – getting links from other sites – which helps prove to the Search Engines (and your site visitors) that your site is approved of by peer businesses, suppliers etc.
Phase 3 – Then, with all the basics in order, in theory, you should have a site that the Search Engines like. If you have little competition, this may suffice for quite a while e.g. if there are 2 button stores in town – all things being equal – your SEO-d button site should soon be #1 for all you major keywords. However, if you’re one of 15 pizza parlors in town i.e. you have a lot of competition, you may need to do more to get up the ranks. The unfortunate fact is that if there is competition, you have to earn a high position in the Search rankings.
At this stage, many businesses consider Pay Per Click Advertising, because it produces immediate results.
Ongoing SEO Services
Phase 4 – If Pay Per Click advertising is too expensive, others consider engaging our services for Ongoing SEO – usually Content Creation of some kind, whether that’s:
- creating more pages for your site with SEO Copywriting or
- investing time and resources in your Social Media or
- devoting time to the development of a Youtube channel for your business, containing short “How To” videos that answer common questions in your field of expertise. Creating videos such as these can be very worthwhile, simply because they can be viewed by people around the world. If a global audience is watching and approving them – even if it’s just a few hundred regular viewers – that small Youtube success can, in turn, provide a powerful boost to your site’s SEO, particularly in local Search results.
NOTE: In case you’re not aware, Google owns Youtube and as I’m sure you’ve observed, videos are frequently appearing in Google’s normal Search results. Creating Youtube videos that people watch and enjoy is, in our eyes, the best and cheapest way to get Google to attribute value to your business!
Ideally, Phase 4 would be financed – in the short term – by profits from Phase 1-3 and then, as your online presence develops, make its own profits. Our SEO services take time – by definition, they are custom designed for every business and if your budget for ongoing SEO budget is $100, I’ll be honest, there’s not much I can do.
If it’s e.g. $3,000 over 3-6 months, I can certainly help.
If it’s $10,000 over 6 weeks, there’s a lot we can do but we’ll need to talk about it, in considerable detail.
As a ball-park figure, I’d like you to consider that I presently value my time at A$100 per hour (US$75). Home Improvements.com.au quotes plumbers rates at A$100-$150 so, think of me as a plumber with low self-esteem! If it generally takes me two hours for a 500 word SEO copywriting page for your site, then I’ll charge you $200 and feel fine about it. Similarly, if you want to chat on the phone or Skype about your site or our services, I’m very happy to do so – but I will have to charge you for my time.
NOTE: Of course, if you have a complaint, you most certainly wouldn’t be charged!